CHAPTER XXVIII: TWO HEARTS OF WIT & WISDOM
Again and again, one of the difficult questions are asked about PREDESTINATION: "GOD KNOWS WHETHER I GO TO HEAVEN OR HELL, SO WHAT'S THE USE?"
While I was with the Catholic Evidence Guild in New Orleans, LA, we studied this subject at length--in fact for 6 months--learning about the Thomistic theory, the Jesuit theory, quotations from the Scriptures . . . At the end of it all, I was more confused than ever.
One day this very question was asked on the Catholic Question Box Radio Program, with Msgr. Herman Lohmann the answer-Priest. This was Msgr.'s explanation:
"Here we are on the 22nd floor of the Old Jung Hotel, looking down on Canal St. There I see one of my boys, my parishioner, crossing the street, reading a newspaper walking against the red light. I had told him"
"Do not walk against the red light crossing a street."
A car was coming down Canal St, at a fair speed, traveling towards the green light. The way my boy is walking against the light, he will be hit and get killed. Sure enough that's what happened.
Now, I knew ahead of time this was going to happen. Actually, it's neither here nor there that I knew before time of this outcome.
Again, that Almighty God knows all things and knows the past, present and future and knows all things ahead of time--it is His Prerogative!
- God gives us FREE WILL and He will not take that away from us. Nor will He stop our actions, choosing between good or evil.
- Almighty God WILLS all men to be saved! We know this to be true from the Old Testament, the Scriptures.
- God gives us all SUFFICIENT GRACES to be saved, we know this from St. Paul's epistles.
The word PREDESTINE, APPEARS IN THE SCRIPTURES AS FOLLOWS: (Romans, 8. Chapter, 30. Verse.)
- "Those He foreknew He PREDESTINED
- Those He predestined He justified
- Those He justified He called
- Those He called He glorified."
The bottom line is--those He foreknew--so it's up to us! Don't let's 'goof-up'! We make the choice between Heaven or Hell.
Thank you, Msgr. Herman Lohmann, of happy Memory!
* * *