CHAPTER LXXV: TWO HEARTS OF WIT & WISDOM
THE CHURCH TEACHES that God has given you and me the potential power to gain the release of SOULS FROM PURGATORY.
What a wonderful GIFT this is! Our Blessed Mother can't encourage you enough to use this Gift--often, for your loved ones and forgotten souls in Purgatory.
What better Gift could you offer them than the gaining of a plenary indulgence? As you know, a plenary indulgence is a way to obtain complete release from the temporal punishment due to sins.
There are only seven conditions you must meet in order to gain this Plenary Indulgence:
- Be baptized and in the state of grace.
- receive Holy Communion each time you strive to gain a plenary indulgence.
- Go to Confession within approximately a four-week period. A single sacramental confession suffices for gaining several plenary indulgences.
- Have a disposition of mind and heart that totally excludes all affection to sin, even venial sin.
- Pray for the intentions of the Holy Father, the Pope: One 'Our Father' and one 'Hail Mary' and a 'Glory Be.'
- Have at least a general intention to gain a plenary indulgence.
- Fulfill one of the following suggested spiritual works: At least a half hour's adoration before the Blessed Sacrament; Or, Family or group Rosary; Or, Private Rosary before the Blessed Sacrament; Or, walking the Stations of the Cross in a Church; Or, at least a half hour of pious reading of the Bible; Plus, on the Feast of All Souls, Nov. 2nd, a plenary indulgence may be gained by prayerfully visiting a church. And, from Nov. 1-8 visit a cemetery and pray for the departed, a plenary indulgence is gained.
That's all there is to it. It's powerful. It's beautiful.
By giving 30 minutes of your time here, you could gain eternal happiness for a soul now suffering in Purgatory.
And imagine the gratitude the soul you loose from Purgatory will have for you when that soul resides in Heaven. Praying for you! And your loved ones! Even if it is only a partial indulgence, reducing part of their temporal punishment, that soul will be forever grateful, because the poor souls cannot help themselves. But those of us still on earth can shorten their time in Purgatory and relieve their suffering through our prayers, good works and indulgences.
It is a fact that the prayers of the Poor Souls, and souls released from Purgatory, are extremely powerful with God.
Just 30 minutes of your time. What a small price to pay!
* * *