January 15, 2012
Dear Children of Medjugorje, Praised be Jesus and Mary!
1. On January 2nd, 2012, Mirjana received her monthly apparition at the Blue Cross, surrounded by an impressive crowd, who had come to start the year with Jesus and Mary. After the apparition, Mirjana gave us the following message:
“Dear children! With motherly concern I look in your hearts. In them I see pain and suffering; I see a wounded past and an incessant search; I see my children who desire to be happy but do not know how. Open yourselves to the Father. That is the way to happiness, the way by which I desire to lead you. God the Father never leaves his children alone, especially not in pain and despair. When you comprehend and accept this you will be happy; your search will end; you will love and you will not be afraid; your life will be hope and truth which is my Son. Thank you. I implore you, pray for those whom my Son has chosen. Do not judge because you will all be judged.”
Mirjana said that Our Lady was very determined.
2. Pain and despair? The message entrusted to Mirjana on January 2 is overwhelming. Our Mother’s gaze penetrates right into the depths of our soul, she guesse
Jesus came upon earth to give us the Father, and to offer us to the Father. If there is an inner healing that we ALL have the right to, it is the healing of our image of the Father, an image that has been disfigured by Satan since the Fall. (Genesis 3), and often wounded by our painful experiences during childhood. By this message, Mary invites us to open ourselves to that healing! So that we can speak with the Father as a child with the best of dads, in total trust, without guilt regardless of our failings, without fear regardless of our ‘cowardness’, without reserve regardless of our selfishness. The Father is so much above all of that! He is the Infinite Counselor, the Supreme Encourager. He never reproaches without an infinite delicacy, He lifts us up and fortifies us in His presence. Discover the Father, practice his Presence, it is already a piece of Heaven in our hearts!
My friend in Cairo (Egypt) recites each morning the splendid prayer of Charles de Foucault, “My Father, I abandon myself to you…” and among the terrible threats that shakes her country, I see that she remains at peace. (See prayer in PS 3, adopt it!).
3. 50 reasons to be thankful! We have a nice tradition at home. Would you like to share it? In January, we write to Jesus a letter of thanksgiving with 50 reasons for which we have to thank God and the Blessed Mother for the gifts, graces, presents, blessings, favors, pardons, insights (with persecutions), in short everything that Heaven gave us in 2011, and for the supreme good of being alive in this New Year of grace 2012. 50 reasons seem to be a lot, but you’ll see that all you need is to put all your heart into it and you’ll get even more than 50! With the help of the Holy Spirit, go over the whole past year. It’s an excellent exercise that makes us aware of the gifts of God, and it causes a fatal blow to bitterness or futile complaints. It is a real springboard for joy! We can also share with our close ones some of the points to encourage one another to discern the hand of God in our lives and to become fully aware of how much we are loved. The fruit of this sharing will be a greater unity and a greater respect.
You may also send your list to the Blessed Mother, she will give it to Jesus with joy (see PS1).
Image via Wikipedia
So, in this first month of the year, I too wish you this great abundance of blessings for 2012! Above all, let's remain in deep communion with Pope Benedict who fights for the Church and counts on our prayers!
It is important to remember that all true blessings come from God and not from luck or chance. Luck does not really exist because God is master of all things and He leaves nothing to chance. Chance is a fabricated invention of man, and when someone tells me “Good luck”, I answer, “God bless you!” Just like the seeds of a pomegranate have no space left between them, but are instead beautifully interwoven into each other, God leaves no space to void.
Medjugorje is a place of great blessings; this is no secret. But, by living the messages of Mary, abandoning sin and adjusting our lives to the Gospel, every one of us can become a blessing for others, and make of their work, their home, their life, a flood of blessings.
Priests are the ones who give the greatest blessings. The Gospa said, “When a priest blesses you, dear children, it is my Son who blesses you. The blessing of a priest is greater than mine. If priests knew what they give when they bless, they would bless day and night!” In January, at Medjugorje, the Franciscans go to the homes of the Croatians to bless their houses and families. May all the parishes of the world resume this powerful tradition!
A friend from Kerala, a father of a family very close to God, told me that one time he was attending Mass but he had to leave the church quickly after Mass because of an important trip to another town. Since the mass lasted longer than usual, he first considered leaving before the end. But then he thought to himself, “No, I do not want to miss the final blessing!” and he stayed to receive it. Later on, as he was driving, he was caught in a very serious accident that involved many cars around him. It was a very bloody scene. But though he was in the accident, he was left completely uninjured, which was inexplicable. He then heard an inner voice saying, “Because you received my blessing at Mass, your life was spared!”
5. Saints in waiting! Did you draw your companion for the year 2012? (See Nota Bene) The saint who chose our family of Children of Medjguorje (so you!) is St Faustina Kowalska, from Poland, celebrated on October 5th. Our mission is to “pray for sinners to be seized by Divine Mercy and be converted”.
What joy! This saint is going to help us live fully God’s plan for our lives and become living witnesses of Mercy. It would be good for everyone to read or reread her “Diary”, a beautiful book that brought back so many people to God and was highly recommended by Pope John Paul II! “Secretary of my Mercy, write for my children…” Jesus told her many times. In this book, Jesus expresses the depths of his Heart. Who would not plunge into it?
Dearest Gospa, when we look in your Heart, in it we see peace, tenderness, beauty… Please, come help us when the night is too dark and the pain too hard! Place us in the arms of the Father!
Sister Emmanuel +
Translated from French
Nota Bene: Receive a saint as your companion for the year 2012! We need this heavenly presence at our sides, always available and supportive! We have a list of saints that you can print. Cut out the names, offer them to your friends in a basket and each one draws the saint that will be his/her companion. In St. Faustina’s convent, the drawing of saints was already a tradition! This list is in sister’s book “Medj, the Triumph of the Heart”, at the Oct. 94 chapter. It is also ready on our website http://www.childrenofmedjugorje.com/ Use it today, your companion is waiting for you!
PS 8. Watch Sister Emmanuel ON DEMAND, on your computer! Go to: www.napavalleyTV.org. Click on "Video on Demand" on the red banner at the top. Screen goes light blue- wait, then scroll way down until you see channel 27 channel 28 side by side. Click on Channel 28 and scroll down the list until "Medjugorje- Our Mother's Last Call", then click on the date you want to watch.
PS 9. Subscribe Today! Receive Sr. Emmanuel’s Monthly Newsletter along with Mary’s messages! In French: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Children of Medjugorje 2012
Permission is given to spread the text of these reports under two conditions:
1) no words are changed, 2) “Children of Medjugorje” is cited along with our website
www.childrenofmedjugorje.com" target="_blank" style="font-family: times new roman,times; font-size: 13px; text-align: center;"> www.childrenofmedjugorje.com