|Pope Pius XII called Pastor Angelicus, was the most Marian Pope in Church history. Bäumer, Marienlexikon (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Mary TV Daily Reflection 8/22/2013
The Queenship of Mary
(c)Mary TV 2013
August 22, 2013
The Queenship of Mary!
Dear Family of Mary!
I decided to look up the encyclical in which Pope Pius XII declared the Queenship of Mary and as I read it I could not help but think of Medjugorje. Many of the prayers and desires Pope Pius XII expressed in this document seemingly are being answered today, in a special way, in Medjugorje. Here are the closing paragraphs of his proclamation (with some side comments from me after each paragraph - I hope you don't mind!)
AD CAELI REGINAM
ENCYCLICAL OF POPE PIUS XII
ON PROCLAIMING THE QUEENSHIP OF MARY
47. Since we are convinced, after long and serious reflection, that great good will accrue to the Church if this solidly established truth shines forth more clearly to all, like a luminous lamp raised aloft, by Our Apostolic authority We decree and establish the feast of Mary's Queenship, which is to be celebrated every year in the whole world on the 31st of May. We likewise ordain that on the same day the consecration of the human race to the Immaculate Heart of the Blessed Virgin Mary be renewed, cherishing the hope that through such consecration a new era may begin, joyous in Christian peace and in the triumph of religion. [This feast has subsequently been moved to August 22]
(Our Lady's Queenship is a solidly established truth which shines forth in a special way through her presence in Medjugorje. She has set up her regal camp in that humble place, and she has made her royal authority known. She is gathering her little ones around her and shielding them from her enemy. One feels her power there, her powerful love. And the consecration to the Immaculate Heart is being lived out in a very practical way in the lives of Our Lady's children, as we experienced in the 33 Day Preparation for Consecration we just finished.)
48. Let all, therefore, try to approach with greater trust the throne of grace and mercy of our Queen and Mother, and beg for strength in adversity, light in darkness, consolation in sorrow; above all let them strive to free themselves from the slavery of sin and offer an unceasing homage, filled with filial loyalty, to their Queenly Mother. Let her churches be thronged by the faithful, her feast-days honored; may the beads of the Rosary be in the hands of all; may Christians gather, in small numbers and large, to sing her praises in churches, in homes, in hospitals, in prisons. May Mary's name be held in highest reverence, a name sweeter than honey and more precious than jewels; may none utter blasphemous words, the sign of a defiled soul, against that name graced with such dignity and revered for its motherly goodness; let no one be so bold as to speak a syllable which lacks the respect due to her name.
(Pope Pius XII could be describing Medjugorje with these words, for indeed all these things are happening daily in Medjugorje and because of Medjugorje. His call that the beads of the Rosary be in the hands of all is being heeded. Our Lady too has told us: "Let the Rosary be in your hands as a sign to satan that you belong to me." The Rosary is her queenly symbol and carries great power!)
49. All, according to their state, should strive to bring alive the wondrous virtues of our heavenly Queen and most loving Mother through constant effort of mind and manner. Thus will it come about that all Christians, in honoring and imitating their sublime Queen and Mother, will realize they are truly brothers, and with all envy and avarice thrust aside, will promote love among classes, respect the rights of the weak, cherish peace. No one should think himself a son of Mary, worthy of being received under her powerful protection, unless, like her, he is just, gentle and pure, and shows a sincere desire for true brotherhood, not harming or injuring but rather helping and comforting others.
(Through her messages, Our Lady is forming just such children. She is imparting her virtues to us through her words and her love. )
50. In some countries of the world there are people who are unjustly persecuted for professing their Christian faith and who are deprived of their divine and human rights to freedom; up till now reasonable demands and repeated protests have availed nothing to remove these evils. May the powerful Queen of creation, whose radiant glance banishes storms and tempests and brings back cloudless skies, look upon these her innocent and tormented children with eyes of mercy; may the Virgin, who is able to subdue violence beneath her foot, grant to them that they may soon enjoy the rightful freedom to practice their religion openly, so that, while serving the cause of the Gospel, they may also contribute to the strength and progress of nations by their harmonious cooperation, by the practice of extraordinary virtues which are a glowing example in the midst of bitter trials.
(Our Lady of Medjugorje came to a communist country and within 8 years had helped to bring down communist rule in most of Europe and even in Russia, the very countries Pope Pius was thinking of...)
51. By this Encyclical Letter We are instituting a feast so that all may recognize more clearly and venerate more devoutly the merciful and maternal sway of the Mother of God. We are convinced that this feast will help to preserve, strengthen and prolong that peace among nations which daily is almost destroyed by recurring crises. Is she not a rainbow in the clouds reaching towards God, the pledge of a covenant of peace? "Look upon the rainbow, and bless Him that made it; surely it is beautiful in its brightness. It encompasses the heaven about with the circle of its glory, the hands of the Most High have displayed it." Whoever, therefore, reverences the Queen of heaven and earth - and let no one consider himself exempt from this tribute of a grateful and loving soul - let him invoke the most effective of Queens, the Mediatrix of peace; let him respect and preserve peace, which is not wickedness unpunished nor freedom without restraint, but a well-ordered harmony under the rule of the will of God; to its safeguarding and growth the gentle urgings and commands of the Virgin Mary impel us.
(Our Lady's gentle urgings and commands are bearing such great fruits of peace in Medjugorje. This is an answer to Pope Pius' prayer!)
52. Earnestly desiring that the Queen and Mother of Christendom may hear these Our prayers, and by her peace make happy a world shaken by hate, and may, after this exile show unto us all Jesus, Who will be our eternal peace and joy, to you, Venerable Brothers, and to your flocks, as a promise of God's divine help and a pledge of Our love, from Our heart We impart the Apostolic Benediction.
Given at Rome, from St. Peter's, on the feast of the Maternity of the Blessed Virgin Mary, the eleventh day of October, 1954, in the sixteenth year of our Pontificate.
Pope Pius XII seems to have prophesied the beautiful events of Medjugorje in his proclamation. So much of what he prayed for and desired has been made manifest through Our Lady's presence there.
Dearest Mary, Queen of Peace, pray for us!
In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
©Mary TV 2013
"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world!"
Blessed John Paul II -