Mother Mary said at Fatima: "My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the sure way which will lead you to God." St. Thomas Aquinas said: "The things we love tell us who we are!" With that in mind, I will try to post each day something about Our Blessed Lady, items about the Holy Roman Catholic Church, and public domain Catholic books too! I pray you enjoy my ministry!
Below are two albums of pictures that I created:
1. Our grand daughter Adrianna.
2. Tears of Mary!
MARY, OUR MOTHER
Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Proud minds can laugh…
* October 20 – Consecration of Portugal to Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception (Portugal, 1646)
* Proud minds can laugh…
October is the Month of the
Rosary. This year A Moment with Mary has chosen to dedicate each daily
meditation to the holy Rosary that Pope Benedict XII (d.1730) called:
"The supreme remedy for errors and vices."
October 20 – Consecration of Portugal to Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception (Portugal, 1646)
can laugh, those proud minds that only believe in the value of reason
and the power of force. The Rosary can do more to establish the reign of
justice, love and peace, than all the armies of all nations, the
resources of science and the efforts of politicians put together.
weapon operates with the power of God. No Christian can doubt it. Men
only fuss about. It is God who directs history.
His Eminence the Cardinal Patriarch of Lisbon - 1936
month of October, a month when we especially like to pray to the Blessed
Virgin Mary, is traditionally called the Month of the Rosary. The holy
Rosary is composed of twenty decades. Each decade is recited in honor of
a mystery in the life of Christ and that of Our Lady. It is customary
to recite five decades at a time while meditating on one set of
mysteries. We usually pray one specific set on each day the week in the
- On Monday and Saturday we pray the Joyful Mysteries: The Annunciation, The Visitation, The Nativity, The Presentation of Jesus, and The Finding of Jesus in the Temple.
- On Tuesday and Friday we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries: The Agony of Jesus, The Scourging, The Crowning with Thorns, The Carrying of the Cross, and The Crucifixion and Death of Jesus.
- On Wednesday and Sunday we pray the Glorious Mysteries: The
Resurrection, The Ascension, The Descent of the Holy Spirit, The
Assumption of the Virgin Mary, and The Coronation of the Virgin Mary.
- On Thursday we pray the Mysteries of Light: The Baptism of
Jesus, The Wedding at Cana, The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God, The
Transfiguration, and The Institution of the Holy Eucharist.
The feast of Our Lady of the Rosary is celebrated on October 7th. This
feast was instituted by Pope Pius V in 1573, to thank the Virgin Mary
for the victory of Lepanto (1571).