Mother Mary said at Fatima: "My Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the sure way which will lead you to God." St. Thomas Aquinas said: "The things we love tell us who we are!" With that in mind, I will try to post each day something about Our Blessed Lady, items about the Holy Roman Catholic Church, and public domain Catholic books too! I pray you enjoy my ministry!
Below are two albums of pictures that I created:
1. Our grand daughter Adrianna.
2. Tears of Mary!
MARY, OUR MOTHER
Tuesday, September 15, 2015
The heart of Mary was pierced by seven swords
* September 15 – Our Lady of Sorrows
* The heart of Mary was pierced by seven swords
"obligatory memorial" of Our Lady of Sorrows observed by the Church
today serves to remind us of the incredible torments endured by the
Virgin Mary as Co-Redemptrix of mankind.
honors her incomparable sufferings, especially those that she endured at
the foot of the Cross at the time of the consummation of the mystery of
our Redemption, when her pain reached its maximum intensity.
But the devotion
of the faithful includes other pain that the Divine Mother bore during
her lifetime. Artists have often represented her sufferings by showing
her heart pierced by seven swords, symbols of her seven main sorrows:
1. The prophecy of Simeon.
2. The flight of the Holy Family into Egypt.
3. The loss of the Child Jesus in the Temple.
4. The meeting of Jesus and the Virgin Mary on the Way of the Cross.
5. The Crucifixion.
6. The Virgin Mary receiving Jesus in her arms after the descent from the Cross.