(c. 1300 A.D.)
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: http://www.oneyearbibleonline
POPE BENEDICT XVI (2/08/08): "Anyone who does not recognize the Final Judgment does not recognize the possibility of failure and the need for redemption. Anyone who does not labor for heaven does not work for the good of mankind on earth."
What does the Catholic Church teach on the Last Things?
On the Last Things the Catholic Church teaches as divinely revealed, that:
1. Man's probation ends with death.
2. The Particular Judgement follows immediately after death.
3. The good go to heaven and the wicked go to hell after the Particular Judgement.
4. Those who are not entirely purified go to purgatory after the Particular Judgement.
5. This world will come to an end when God wills.
6. The dead will rise again on the Last Day.
7. On the Last Day Jesus Christ will come again to judge the living and the dead.
8. After the General Judgement the elect will enter life eternal, but the reprobate will go into the everlasting torments of hell.
9. The thought of the Last Things inspires man with the fear of the Lord and the love of God.
 The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, by Rev. Peter Geiermann, C.SS.R.
Tan Books and Publishers, Inc. 1977.
RONALD E. SMITH Q & A- Purgatory Scriptures & Church Teachings
1. Think often of Hell and the possibility of your going there. Pray every day that you will not die with mortal sin on your soul. Say the Act of Contrition every night:
"O my God, I am very sorry for having offended Thee, and I hate all of my sins, because I fear the loss of Heaven and the pains of Hell, but most of all because my sins offend Thee, my dear God, Who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace, to confess my sins, do penance, and amend my life. Amen."
2. Presumption is the sin committed by people who think that a good God will not punish a sinner with the torments of Hell. God, being a just judge, has to reject those who choose to separate themselves from Him by mortal sin.
3. The horror of Hell helps us understand the evil of mortal sin. Mortal sin is the greatest evil in the universe.
Ladder of Divine Ascent excerpt: Step 5- "On painstaking and true repentance"28. It is impossible for us who have fallen into the pit of iniquities ever to be drawn out of it, unless we sink into the abyss of the humility of the repentant.
Prayer request? Send an email to: PrayerRequest3@aol.com
This month's archive can be found at: http://www.catholicprophecy